Are New Thermostats Worth the Investment?
If you’re looking to save money on heating your home this winter, a new thermostat could be the answer. Even if your existing thermostat functions adequately, a newer model with innovative features could save you money all year long. Here are some helpful tips on thermostats from the heating and AC service experts at Precision Air and Heating:
- Don’t wait until your whole forced air system needs an upgrade to get a new thermostat: many new models integrate easily with a wide variety of gas, oil, and electric systems.
- Programmable thermostats let you set desired temperatures for different times of the day or week: program it to turn heat down when no one’s home and back up when you return- you’ll see big savings every month.
- If you plan to be away for longer periods of time, new thermostats often have a “vacation mode” that allows you to temporarily set and freeze your thermostat for maximum energy savings.
- Look for remote control options that allow you to adjust the temperature from anywhere in the house.
- If you have children, many new thermostats allow you to lock the keyboard to prevent tampering and inadvertent wasting energy.
- Newer models are extremely accurate, providing precise control over your home’s temperature: this means less money wasted on heating systems that are incorrectly signaled to heat the home at a higher temperature than you set.
- Some programmable models have an indicator light that lets you know when the furnace needs a new filter, which saves money on overworking, underperforming furnaces
- Many new thermostats are easy and inexpensive to install: a Phoenix HVAC professional can install a programmable thermostat quickly and inexpensively.
Precision Air and Heating would be happy to come to your home and evaluate your thermostat and forced air system. Our professional Phoenix HVAC contractors can perform a comprehensive estimate and determine your home’s needs. More than just AC service and repairs, Precision Air and Heating also carries a large selection of quality air system products, including Bryant air conditioners. For more information on thermostats, furnaces, and all of our heating and AC services, call 602-fix-my-ac or schedule an appointment online.
June 25, 2017