- (a) Web Site Owner. Precision Air & Plumbing, Inc or “Precision Air & Plumbing” (“PAP”) is the owner of this web site (“PAP Web Site”). PAP can be contacted by mail at 3045 N Colorado St, Chandler, AZ 85225], by phone at 602-490-8566 or by e-mail at [email protected]. This online privacy notice discloses PAP information practices for this PAP Web Site, including what type of personal identifiable information is requested in order to make a purchase or request services, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared. [Note that other PAP web sites may be governed by privacy notices containing different information practices applicable to those sites.]
- (b) [Anonymous] Web Site Visits. In general, you can visit on the PAP Web Site without disclosing any personal information. PAP does [does OR does not] [keep track of the domains from which people visit us. OR PAP analyzes the data gathered from Web Site visits for trends and statistics, and then PAP discards the gathered data.]
- (c) Web Site Transactions. At times, PAP will need personal information regarding a customer or a prospect. For example, to process an order or request a service, PAP may need to know a customer’s name, mailing address, e-mail address and credit card details. It is PAP”s intent to inform you know before PAP collects personal information, such as user’s name and/or address on the Internet. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, PAP will respect your wishes.
- (d) Third Party Certification. PAP is a member of the [name of third-party certification program], an independent, nonprofit organization that promotes privacy policies of disclosure and informed consent. [If applicable: PAP also abides by the Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of information collected from the European Union.]
2. Personal Information That May Be Collected.
- (a) Identifying Information. In order to make a purchase or request a service PAP will request a user to provide certain personal identifying information, which may include: legal name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, facsimile number, method of payment, and, if applicable, credit card number. PAP may request additional information necessary to establish and maintain customer’s account.
- (b) Service Quality Monitoring. Some Web site transactions may require a customer to telephone PAP, or PAP to call the customer. PAP will not contact you by telephone without your prior consent, except to confirm an order placed online and/or to inform a customer of the status of such order. Customer should be aware that it is PAP”s practice to monitor, and in some cases record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
- (c) Information from Children. PAP does not sell products or services for purchase by children, and will not collect or post information from a child under the age of 18 without the involvement of a parent or guardian. PAP will notify the child’s parent or guardian at the e-mail address provided by the prospective customer, alerting the parent or guardian to the child’s use of the Web site and providing instructions as to how the parent or guardian can delete the child’s registration from the Web site. PAP does not use personally identifying information collected from children for marketing or promotional purposes, and does not disclose such information to any third party for any purpose whatsoever.
- (d) Lost or Stolen Information. If a customer’s credit card and/or password is lost or stolen, the customer should promptly notify PAP in order to enable PAP to cancel the lost or stolen information and to update its records with a changed credit card and/or password.
- (e) Chat Rooms, Forums and Bulletin Boards. If customer participates in a PAP chat room, discussion forum, or posts messages to an PAP bulletin board, customer should be aware that the information disclosed and shared will be broadly available to other persons, both inside of and/or outside PAP, who have access to that chat room, forum or bulletin board. Some individual PAP chat rooms, forums or bulletin boards have additional rules and conditions regarding participation. Also, participant’s expressed opinion is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of PAP.
- (f) Links to Other Web Sites. A PAP Web site may contain links to other web sites. PAP is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those other Web sites.
3. Uses Made of the Information.
- (a) Limited Uses Identified. Without customer’s prior consent, PAP will not use your personal identifiable information for any purpose other than that for which it is submitted. PAP uses personal identifiable information to reply to inquiries, handle complaints, provide operational notices and in program record-keeping. PAP also processes billing and business requests related to PAP Web Site participation.
- (b) Marketing Uses. Unless customer marks an “x” on the opt-out option box herein provided, PAP reserves the right to provide customer with information about PAP”s Web site, PAP products and services, and related information in which customer has indicated an interest.
- (c) Stored Information Uses. PAP stores [and retains] [the information provided by customer OR the information entered on the PAP Web site]. [This information is used to compile a customer’s purchase history in order to enable PAP to recommend products, services, or special offers that would be of interest to a customer. OR Stored information is used by PAP [and/or PAP agents]: to support customer interaction with the PAP Web site; to deliver customer purchases; and/or to contact customer again about other PAP services and products.]
- (d) Online Advertising. Some companies that help PAP deliver interactive on-line advertising, such as banner ads, may collect and use information about PAP”s customers to help PAP better understand the types of advertising or promotions that are most appealing to PAP”s customers. After it is collected the information is aggregated so it is not identifiable to a specific individual. If, however, customer would prefer that these companies not collect such information, please mark an “x” on the opt-out option box herein provided.
4. Disclosure of the Information.
- (a) Mergers and Acquisitions. Circumstances may arise where for business reasons, PAP decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize its businesses in the United States or some other country. Such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal identifying information to prospective or actual purchasers, and/or receiving such information from sellers. It is PAP’s practice to seek appropriate protection for information in these types of transactions.
- (b) Agents. PAP employs or engages other companies and individuals to perform business functions on behalf of PAP. These persons are provided with personal identifying information required to perform their functions, but are prohibited by contract from using the information for other purposes. These persons engage in a variety of functions which include, but are not limited to, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer services.
- (c) Affiliated Businesses. PAP works closely with affiliated businesses operating web site stores, providing services or selling products on each other’s Web sites. These businesses identify themselves to customers. Customer information related to a transaction with an affiliated business is shared with that affiliated business.
- (d) Marketing Analysis by Third Parties. PAP reserves the right to disclose to third parties personal information about customers for marketing analysis; however, any information disclosed will be in the form of aggregate data that does not describe or identify an individual customer.
- (e) Disclosure to Governmental Authorities. Under certain circumstances, personal information may be subject to disclosure pursuant to a judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants or orders.
5. Use of Computer Tracking Technologies.
- (a) No Tracking of Personal Information. PAP”s Web Site(s) are not set up to track, collect or distribute personal information not entered by visitors. Through web site access logs PAP does collect clickstream data and HTTP protocol elements, which generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our sites. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff for research and development, user analysis and business decision making, all of which provides better services to the public. The statistics garnered, which contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information, may also be provided to third parties.
- (c) Use of Web Beacon Technologies. PAP may also use Web beacon or other technologies to better tailor its Web site(s) to provide better customer service. If these technologies are in use, when a visitor accesses these pages of the Web site, a non-identifiable notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by PAP or by its suppliers. Web beacons usually work in conjunction with cookies. If customer does not want cookie information to be associated with customer’s visits to these pages, customer can set its browser to turn off cookies; however, Web beacon and other technologies will still detect visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other non-identifiable cookie information and are disregarded.
- (d) Collection of Non-Identifiable Information. PAP may collect non-identifiable information from user visits to the PAP Web site(s) in order to provide better customer service. Examples of such collecting include: traffic analysis, such as tracking of the domains from which users visit, or tracking numbers of visitors; measuring visitor activity on PAP Web site(s); Web site and system administration; user analysis; and business decision making. Such information is sometimes known as “clickstream data.” PAP or its contractors may use this data to analyze trends and statistics.
- (e) Collection of Personal Information. PAP collects personal identifying information from customer during a transaction. PAP may extract some personally identifying information about that transaction in a non-identifiable format and combine it with other non-identifiable information, such as clickstream data. This information is used and analyzed only at an aggregate level (not at an individual level) to help PAP understand trends and patterns. This information is not reviewed at an individual level.
6. Information Security.
- (a) Commitment to Online Security. PAP employs physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the security and integrity of personal information. Billing and payment data is encrypted whenever transmitted or received online. Personal information is accessible only by staff designated to handle online requests or complaints. All PAP agents and contractors with access to personal information on the PAP web site(s) are also bound to adhere to PAP security standards.
- (b) No Liability for Acts of Third Parties. PAP will exercise all reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of customer personal information. However, transmissions protected by industry standard security technology and implemented by human beings cannot be made absolutely secure. Consequently, PAP shall not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal information due to no fault of PAP including, but not limited to, errors in transmission and unauthorized acts of PAP staff and/or third parties.
- (b) Opt-Out Right. Customer and/or prospective customer has the right at any time to cease permitting personal information to be collected, used or disclosed by PAP and/or by any third parties with whom PAP has shared and/or transferred such personal information. Right of cancellation may be exercised by contacting PAP via e-mail at [email protected], telephone or certified postal mail. After processing the cancellation, PAP will delete customer or prospective customer’s personal information from its data base.
8. Access Rights to Data.
- (a) Information Maintained by PAP. Upon customer’s request, PAP will provide a reasonable description of customer’s personally identifiable information that PAP maintains in its data bank. PAP can be contacted by e-mail at [email protected], telephone [602-490-8566], or certified postal mail [3045 N. Colorado Street, Chandler, Arizona 85225, USA].
- (b) Corrections and Changes to Personal Information. Help PAP to keep customer personal information accurate. If customer’s personal information changes, or if customer notes an error upon review of customer information that PAP has on file, please promptly e-mail PAP [email protected] and provide the new or correct information.
- COPPA (CHILDREN ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT). Regarding the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online. PAP does not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.