The mission of the Registrar of Contractors (ROC) is to promote quality construction by Arizona contractors though a licensing and regulatory system designed to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public.
The ROC licenses and regulates residential and commercial contractors. ROC staff investigate and work to resolve complaints against licensed and unlicensed contractors.
When selecting a contractor, you should make it a habit to visit the ROC website at www.azroc.gov to check out the contractor. This website is an excellent resource to find out the following information:
1. Open Complaints – These are complaints that have been filed with the ROC. They may or may not hold any merit since anyone can file a complaint and these open complaints have yet to be investigated.
2. Disciplined – This is the number of complaints against this contractor that resulted in discipline being imposed after an administrative hearing or default because of a violation(s) of state contracting law.
3. Resolved/Settled/Withdrawn – This is the number of complaints closed against this contractor that were resolved or settled by the contractor or withdrawn by the complainant after issuance of a corrective work order or formal citation.
4. Denied Access – This is the number of complaints against this contractor that were closed without corrective work being performed because the contractor was denied access by the complainant.
5. Bankruptcy – This is the number of complaints against this contractor that were closed because the contractor is in bankruptcy.
Use the information you find on the ROC along with the Better Business Bureau’s website to determine what contractor you would like to hire.
We would like to remind you to research and consider Precision Air & Heating when looking for an air conditioning contractor. We’re proud to have an A+ Rating with the BBB and a clean ROC record!
We want to help you learn about about all things air conditioning and heating! Have any questions or want to see us write about something? Give us a call, chat, or email and we'll do our best to help you out.